Skip to main content

Old Imac 2003

Purchased an old imac (233, 160mb ram). I hope it works well when it arrives. Tired of laptops. Pulled in by the marketing/design of the old imacs. The macs are artistic outsiders. Form and content not seperate for the mac (for pc it's all content, form is secondary). So very ugly mass produced pc's. So as a writer I buy an imac because imac markets to the ousider status of my status as outsider outsider poet.

On what level does the marketing strategies of the avant guarde persuade/convince young poets into their discourse communities? What are the marketing strategies of the avant guarde? Perpetual youth. Revolution. Change.

Still stuck on language. Language is stuck to me. What percentage of my brain processes images versus actually sound language? Do I see images more or hear words more? Is it possible for anything prelinguistic to be called thinking. Images without rhetoric. Can too much non-authorial intention crash the reader/writer contract? (yes, this could be market place language. But contract does not mean cash in this case).

I think maybe i'm finally done with my 1st manuscript (although it is more like a third book manuscript). Not sure. Never sure.

Can anything prelinguistic be called thinking? Can too much non-authorial intention crash the reader/writer contract? How much is too much? How much is too little?

If everything is a text, what isn't a text? If everything is political what isn't political? Is the political a continium? Is a text a continium? Are some texts more political than other texts or is it just a matter of different types/modes of the political. Are some texts more textual than other texts?

Why do artists drink? Is drinking marketed to the artist? I drink;therefore I am (this, that, or the other). Is drinking the drive of the mystic. The root of the artist is the spiritual (however defined). To drink to get inside or outside?

Dreamt about the word incredible last night. For some reason the in would not realign with the credible. perhaps it has something to do with reading Mr. Paz for two hours before falling asleep. The silent motor of my little word engine that could.

cheers. Happy new year. Welcome 2003. I will soon be part of the outsider community of mac users (therefore more artistic). It's all about color. The artist as individual.














































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

poets reading poets

There are on A now: Andrews, Antin, Apollinaire, Ashbery


A project from the Atlanta Poetry Group. Check it:

http://atlantapoetsgroup.blogspot.co.uk/

The Poetry of Tao Lin

Another Ireland by Robert Archambeau

This review really hit it for me. I recently read Maurice Scully's _Livelihood_ and Geofrey Squires _Untitled and Other Poems_ is on deck (I love that baseball term. It is baseball, right?)

I think this is from The Nortre Dame review, but I found it via goofle (I mean google).


Another Ireland: Part Two
Maurice Scully, The Basic Colours. Durham, UK: Pig Press, 1994.
Geoffrey Squires, Landscapes and Silences. Dublin: New Writers' Press, 1996.
Catherine Walsh, Idir Eatortha and Making Tents. London: Invisible Books, 1996.

By Robert Archambeau

I began the first half of this article (Notre Dame Review #4) by mentioning some of the limits to the legendary hospitality Ireland has shown to its poets. If you arrive in Ireland from any point of departure outside of Eastern Europe, you will indeed find a public far more willing than the one you left behind to grant poets the recognition all but the most ascetic secretly crave. However, this hospitality has never extended to Irish poets w…