Skip to main content

Full Steam Ahead

Just returned from the eastern shore. Wow. What a time. We canoed to an island and hung out for the day. Lots of toads. A few water moccasins. A wide open sky full of stars. Mushrooms.

I am excited about the next few weeks. The Tony Tost/Open Eye Reading Series returns this evening with "the prose stylings of Jeff Rehnlund & the poetry of Tim Botta."

Should be cool.

The Lucipo collective is putting out a chapbook in time for the poetry festival in two weeks. Some great folks in the collective (me, Tony Tost, Tim Botta, Ken Rumble, Evie Shockley, Joseph Donahue, Patrick Heron and many more. About 19 of us I believe).

Just scored some free literary journals from the MFA office. They are weeding out hundreds of them. Most of the lit journals were boring but I scored:

Mudfish Two
Mudfish Three
Hambone 13
Sulfur 6, 19, 20, 21
and a special issue on David Antin in The Review of Contemporary Fiction

My reading lists will not stop growing!

Reading John Yau's Borrowed Love Poems right now.

AMAZING!

During April/May the following poets floored me:

John Yau
Mark Wallace
Rod Smith
K. Silem Mohammad
David Antin

So, in terms of placing my energy. Do I attempt to read everything those poets wrote or continue reading a variety of contemporary books of poetry?

Both of course.

But which one deserves more time/energy?

Hm . . . . . .



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

poets reading poets

There are on A now: Andrews, Antin, Apollinaire, Ashbery


A project from the Atlanta Poetry Group. Check it:

http://atlantapoetsgroup.blogspot.co.uk/

The Poetry of Tao Lin

Another Ireland by Robert Archambeau

This review really hit it for me. I recently read Maurice Scully's _Livelihood_ and Geofrey Squires _Untitled and Other Poems_ is on deck (I love that baseball term. It is baseball, right?)

I think this is from The Nortre Dame review, but I found it via goofle (I mean google).


Another Ireland: Part Two
Maurice Scully, The Basic Colours. Durham, UK: Pig Press, 1994.
Geoffrey Squires, Landscapes and Silences. Dublin: New Writers' Press, 1996.
Catherine Walsh, Idir Eatortha and Making Tents. London: Invisible Books, 1996.

By Robert Archambeau

I began the first half of this article (Notre Dame Review #4) by mentioning some of the limits to the legendary hospitality Ireland has shown to its poets. If you arrive in Ireland from any point of departure outside of Eastern Europe, you will indeed find a public far more willing than the one you left behind to grant poets the recognition all but the most ascetic secretly crave. However, this hospitality has never extended to Irish poets w…