Understanding the etc.

Tony's blog makes me want to read Pound in the near future. I like to immerse myself. I am obsessive.



But I have to feel a kind of intuition in terms of timing.



I know full well what doesn't grab me today may grab me in a year.



Illusions of canon (you must read Pound)?

Illusions of non-changing self (I will never get into Pound)?



I never want to stop exploring the possibilities of poetry. I like to try new things. I hope I don't ever get to the point of comfortable writing (insert easy "mainstream" target here)



I sense the argument /discussion between Tony and Jim has something to do with author(ity).

(see how clever I am etc.)



I love the etc. I can't stop using the etc. the etc. Just somehow took hold of me. Wait. Who started the etc. Maybe I've seen it somewhere. WHO started the etc? The etc. means there's more. Means I know there's more. Means I am cool off the hip causual etc.



I am going to say many "Beat" poets might be seminal to an understanding of certain types of contemporary poetry. Pound may be seminal to an understanding other types of contemporary poetry.



This all strikes me as religious.



Where's god? Who am I? Where did I come from?



Which isn't necessarily a "bad" thing. But it can dangerous. The myth of origins.



It's also interesting to think about interpretation. Is it necessary to read X to understand Y? Well, what do we mean by understand?



Stand under etc.



Damn I love the etc. I wish I coined it!