Watchfulness

I am amazed, blown away. Peter O'Leary's _Watchfulness_ has changed my landscape. Really fired me up to keep moving with my book length poem Campanology.



king Midas Gold, man of light (gnostic light), transfigured light



A few of many lines:



"is it always a few who reach the edge of the world, where its mirror- / image begins"



"so XPC is the name of the Lord; of man; of man of light invoked."



"The poet stands in umbrage of invisible fire"



"My solitude and its simulacrum"



"Light is ore/ abhored/ hoar."



'Was Kiev the kernel/ of the seed of New Byzantium?"



"Virga aurea facta est."





A few of many exciting new words:



ephphatha, 'ethpatah, affeta, effata, adapirire, XPC, emplenishes, girandoles, Areopagite, tychonic, primum mobile, Tinntinnabular, Aikaterina



people:



Louis Sullivan



Favourite section:



Midas





I got lost in the bookstore yesterday reading through books on Eastern Orthodox Christianity.



Also reading through the Rig Veda, Heather Fuller's _Dovecote_, and The L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E Book.



I am really impressed with Spuyten Duyvil press.



Grab a copy of Watchfulness:

watchfulness