stella and cod

some really fresh cod and cold Stella last night at Fishbones. A nice little birthday celebration with some Greensboro buddies. My good friend Dan got me a gift certificate to Gate City Noise and returned from AWP with some books from Apogee Press. Angie and Jake got me a nice card with a racecar from the salt flats and some Ugly Duckling books. A real nice birthday.



My b-day books from friends:



Fine by Stefanie Marlis (Apogee Press)

Passing World Pictures by Valerie Coulton (Apogee Press)

The Pleasures of C by Edward Smallfield (Apogee Press)



Ten More Poems By Ames Hoff (ugly Duckling Presse)

Landscapes of Fire and Music by G.L. Ford (Ugly Duckling Presse)

Nets by Jen Bervin (Ugly Duckling Presse)

Sea Shanties of Old Vermont by Aaron Tieger (Ugly Duckling Presse)



Also getting ready to read and write a review of:



Plots by David Meiklejohn (Effing Press)



Now I must prepare a bit to teach some Sleeping with the Dictionary for my intro to poetry class.