The top of my head is still on fire. The after hours were no less a feast than the festival itself. Todd and Laura threw a wonderful reception with a big white tent and plenty of moonshine from the mountains. Standard Schaefer even bared him bum in the wee hours of the night (or maybe that was me?) Don Ezra Cruz wore a flight suit and passed around his helmet for various figures to wear.
I want more. So much more. Community is everything! Rod Smith brought quite a few books from one of my favourite presses (edge books) and Joseph Donahue brought a boxload of Talisman House books so I emptied my bank account and Ken ordered a shitload of books from SPD via the internationalist and I emptied my bank account. But I will be payed in about a week so all is well. I acquired:
1) Mel Nichol's Day Poems
2) Stephen Jonas' Selected Poems (Talisman House. Recommended by Joe Donahue)
3) Tom Raworth's Ace (Edge Books)
4) Clark Coolidge's Odes of Roba (The Figures. I want to read everything of Clark Coolidge before I die)
5) S*PeRM**k*t by Harryette Mullen (Singing Horse Press)
6) Rod Smith's The Good House (Spectacular Books)
7) Buck Downs' Marijuana Soft drink (Edge Books)
8) Mark Wallace's Nothing Happened and Besides I Wasn't There (Edge Books)
9) Kaia Sand's Interval (Edge Books)
10) Heather Fuller's Perhaps this is a rescue fantasy (Edge Books)
11) The Displayer # 2 (a wonderful silkscreen cover by Todd and Laura and intro with history of The Lucifer Poetics Group by Chris Vitiello. )
Gabe Gudding acquired a lot more books than me. I think he was the real winner in the book department.
Soon Mp3's will be available from the festival. Keep checking the Carrboro Poetry Festival homepage