Skip to main content

some more rough drafts of my Wonderland ms

After Grog Bog
(OSAKA, JAPAN MARCH 20TH, 2006)

the bog after grog is runny

Grog clears the tummy

Grog grog grog
Bog bog bog

I’ve got a bog in my tummy &
a grog in my throat

Gog gog
Og Og

I’ve a runny gr . . . gr . . .

Gr OG bOg

Af
ter
grO G
bO G

Japan was clean. Japan was rainy.

Korea looks drab. Korea is runny

GrooooooG
BooooooG



HOLLY’S COFFEE SHOP
(March 25th 2006, SOUTH KOREA)

castle without
king In-
visible ink

I cannot read
the signs

after recent events it’s come
to my attention

my attention has come to

hence these words

I’ve got something to share: being
alone is not
an illusion

the eye is full of blood

what good is blood? blood is a hard d with lots of OOO’s

a man is exercising his tongue at the next table &

my mouth
is flapping
on the keyboard













GOSHIWON
(March 28th 2006, SOUTH KOREA)

out
of loneliness

consciousness accumulates
&
salts the road

there are
many ways
to shift &
snake

out
objects

a soft
bell
on the seashore

washes out the tide

**

humans
on
the under-
tow

say
crack
&
one head
among
many
falls

off the wall






GOSHIWON
(March 29th 2006, SOUTH KOREA)

I do silly things all the time
and they usually
remain silly

glitter zendo coco mint and pheromone leaves
babs meets Wonderland

drenched in Spanish bombs
the ape stares back into the music

I remain the toy
of everything
that ever comes
into my head

I was brought up by my mother &
my religion consists
of humble admiration

Comments

Chris Vitiello said…
Marcus, I am really enjoying reading these wonderland poems. I like the style of encoding your experience into them, maybe because I have a slight sense of the constant disorientation you must feel in the completely different places you enter every day. I'm starting to read energy generated in you from this disorientation.

Popular posts from this blog

poets reading poets

There are on A now: Andrews, Antin, Apollinaire, Ashbery


A project from the Atlanta Poetry Group. Check it:

http://atlantapoetsgroup.blogspot.co.uk/

The Poetry of Tao Lin

Another Ireland by Robert Archambeau

This review really hit it for me. I recently read Maurice Scully's _Livelihood_ and Geofrey Squires _Untitled and Other Poems_ is on deck (I love that baseball term. It is baseball, right?)

I think this is from The Nortre Dame review, but I found it via goofle (I mean google).


Another Ireland: Part Two
Maurice Scully, The Basic Colours. Durham, UK: Pig Press, 1994.
Geoffrey Squires, Landscapes and Silences. Dublin: New Writers' Press, 1996.
Catherine Walsh, Idir Eatortha and Making Tents. London: Invisible Books, 1996.

By Robert Archambeau

I began the first half of this article (Notre Dame Review #4) by mentioning some of the limits to the legendary hospitality Ireland has shown to its poets. If you arrive in Ireland from any point of departure outside of Eastern Europe, you will indeed find a public far more willing than the one you left behind to grant poets the recognition all but the most ascetic secretly crave. However, this hospitality has never extended to Irish poets w…