more from Hermit Kingdom

Shiva Shiva

(July 18th 2006)

trying to get around the generals of lyricism got my blinker on

but don’t know where to turn behind my tired immortal head is a deranged sentence fecund 14 songs and one unsolvable riddle a fat-cheeked policemen all choked-up cause the communists removed themselves and it’s



been raining monkeys

ever since drinkin and trying ain’t enough

& I sing Shiva Shiva

July dark skies Korea floods eight straight days and nights

alas my lost youth intervenes full tilt with a nightstick searching for a barn else someplace to get the rustic back in my bones



the ancient cabbage in the field

& the dark contemplative on the cliff

& the soggy newspapers full of squiggles

& dimes of commerce through my eyes



what testicles

vigor uterus

a great deal of thinking goes out

the other side bloody cotton


on my tepid tongue