Social animals

Things are different this time in the industrial city of Katowice. Slowly I am making some social contacts. But still no face to face contact with artists and writers. The internet has been a life saver. I went to a Halloween party last night at a local pub and it wasn't too bad. It was good to get out of the house after a month of nothing but teaching. And tonight, a little after midnight, I am taking the train to Prague. Going to see my good friend Andrew.

I am not sure how much longer I can do this type of teaching, but I think I can hang with it for another year if I can create a small social life for myself. Some nice girls named Beata and Joanna invited me to hang with their friends for Halloween and it helped.

Today is All Saint's Day in Poland and everyone is with families. Holidays are very hard in Poland because everything shuts down and I feel my isolation quite a bit more.

So trying to look on the bright side. I don't have a home, but I also don't have a mortgage. I don't feel completely free, but I am working on that.

I miss London quite a bit. I felt really comfortable and alive there. But I am hoping to land a university gig in Poland at some point. If not, then I gotta make some new plans.

it is interesting because I didn't realise just how important it is to have a social network. I have never been one to take things lying down though. So head up. Keep on keeping on!!!