Gender roles

I have been thinking about old patterns. In marriage therapy towards the end of my marriage I realised I needed to be more assertive. To tell my wife no sometimes. To take on more "masculine" traits in terms of being decisive and a bit less open etc.

I believe in freedom. I hate jealousy.

it is something I have to get used to. I am not really passive in other areas of my life. Maybe too aware of gender etc. I don't want to be the type of jealous controlling guy who thinks a girl is his property. I guess there is something in between that. Women want to feel wanted! It is normal! I also like to feel attractive to other people of course. And maybe some jealousy is an indication that you actually love someone?

Passion is important. Even if there some arguments and frustrations. Everything can't always be neat and tidy. I suppose I want my outside world to be ordered and comfortable since my inner world is a bit crazy.


Gender roles are very strong in Poland. In clubs girls will often say no many times when a guy tries to dance with her. This keeps happening on the dance floor until the girl finally accepts his advances and then they kiss etc. I have seen it time and time again. I can't do that because I have it in my head that when a girl says no she means no in terms of advances etc.

A lot of girls want or expect the guys to be aggressive. Maybe this is changing with the new generations???

hm . . .