new glasses kaput

Went to a club last Thursday with my friend Andrew. My friend is 30 and they wanted his id. He was visiting Poland and did not bring his id to the club. I have never shown id in a Polish club before. There was a bit of an argument with the bouncer but nothing serious. My friend spoke in Czech to cause less problems. But the bouncer snapped when he heard English. Called us English swine. Went mad. Other security guards held us and they punched us. I ducked a lot. Something smashed. A window perhaps. One of the other English teachers told the bouncer to take it easy and they punched him. Sore jaw. Keeps getting more sore every day. Cut on my nose. Just discovered a bump on my head. All my teeth still here.

I had a strange reaction. All defensive. Not one punch. I went into super calm mode.

Of course later I got very mad.

But maybe just as well I did nothing except try to move out of the way. A few of my students and some Polish teachers said the club (Spiz) is run by the Polish mafia.

Maybe the bouncer had a terrible time working in England. One big vicious cycle. From one country to the next foreigners get fucked one way or another!

My old flatmate from Dublin was attacked last year by a gang of Polish guys with a hate for British. He said they kept calling him an English bastard and he tried to tell them "But I'm not English I'm Irish." They beat him until his jaw snapped. He ate through a straw for over a month.

I am sure the same shit happens to Polish people in England sometimes. But one difference is that at least in a public club they would have some rights. The police are mostly corrupt here.

So it could have been a lot worse. Jaw still works.

Not having much luck in Poland. A few more bad experiences and I am outta here.