stolen words

23rd Feb (English as a foreign language, intermediate, 15 students, Ealing and West London College)

REPORTED SPEECH

&

DIRECT SPEECH

The reading for today

thieves attempt to
steal diamonds
from Millennium
Dome caught
by 200 police guns
hidden
in bin liners.

Questions include:

In the other story why
did the
criminal use a pen-
knife
to cut his way out of the crate?

Discuss the weak forms.

Check the meanings
in yr
mini
dictionary.

Emphasise Marxist
Feminist

empathy while
working in groups.

The future is always just

around the corner
beginnings end, beggings
begin with brass shoes
we've saved our seats
and kept them
dry, my mouth
mugging
was worth £5, focus
on the phrases, on
the phrasing
what is the context?

When class is
dead I
feel it

in my groin
in my scrotum
in my temples