for the birds

I am revising Godzenie. 1st proofs from Blazevox came the other day. it is coming together. I am getting happier and happier with it. I'm having fun again and feeling lighter.

Peed with Sean Bonney behind a tree in Hyde Park.

Thinking about writing. Re-reading old blog entries from four to five years ago in North Carolina. The excitement. The possibilities. It is coming back round again. Jeff Hilson, Sean Bonney, Amy De'Ath, Steve Willey, Dez, Nikki, Trini, Jim Goar, Michael Zand, Alyson Torns, Tim Atkins, Alex Davies, Jack Spicer, Sophie Robinson, Frances Kruk, Ken Edwards and others are catalyzing me.

Their writing and their in-the-fleshness are making me feel real!!! It is good to feel real.

I think I have grown tired of the so-called linguistically innovative poetry. There are exceptions of course. But I want fire. I'm a visceralist, a new brutalist. Textuality and theory are not enough for me. Not near enough. I need playfulness. I want to laugh. I want to feel awe. I don't want only so-called textuality.

I want to be entertained and challenged in mind and heart. Dare I say authentic. At street level. A larger world outside the walls of language.

My favourite poems are struggles are love poems are an attempts to reconcile. They ultimately fail. But I hope their failure gives off sparks, gives off energy, gives away possibilities for surviving outside the garden.

Godzenie is one big awkward love poem for the birds!