Skip to main content

from the notebook

Milky Bar



I'm in a Polish
Milky Bar

&

plump ladies
are sweating
into

my gulasz



Sopot August 17th 2009


this sun brings me
back to 21 this sun
in Sopot

when with pierced ear
I did wear

a wet
suit on my

honeymoon

where are you oh
travel mates

I've leaked
into

the sea

oh woman hobbling
in canary shirt

I'm here

on this bench

I've misread &
mistimed

my trains

soon the light will
go but now
it's a blue dome

love is an intervention
in this quantum
universe

&

everything

is imprinted
with what

it once
was

farewell oh
bushy
clumps & crotch
hugging

jeans

----------------------------------------
By Jove!

this is
specjal Jasny
Pełny
with

spicy bird
nuts

There is

a pump
for sok

juice

there are straws
for gals

and plum
and cherry

wodka

oh
my
Elblagians

who
pull fish

from the canal

Vipered &
versed I still
go ill with fear

of the golden mean &
urban sprawl

this grip is

extensive
expensive

expansive

I bend my
ear

to the
tombs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

poets reading poets

There are on A now: Andrews, Antin, Apollinaire, Ashbery


A project from the Atlanta Poetry Group. Check it:

http://atlantapoetsgroup.blogspot.co.uk/

The Poetry of Tao Lin

Another Ireland by Robert Archambeau

This review really hit it for me. I recently read Maurice Scully's _Livelihood_ and Geofrey Squires _Untitled and Other Poems_ is on deck (I love that baseball term. It is baseball, right?)

I think this is from The Nortre Dame review, but I found it via goofle (I mean google).


Another Ireland: Part Two
Maurice Scully, The Basic Colours. Durham, UK: Pig Press, 1994.
Geoffrey Squires, Landscapes and Silences. Dublin: New Writers' Press, 1996.
Catherine Walsh, Idir Eatortha and Making Tents. London: Invisible Books, 1996.

By Robert Archambeau

I began the first half of this article (Notre Dame Review #4) by mentioning some of the limits to the legendary hospitality Ireland has shown to its poets. If you arrive in Ireland from any point of departure outside of Eastern Europe, you will indeed find a public far more willing than the one you left behind to grant poets the recognition all but the most ascetic secretly crave. However, this hospitality has never extended to Irish poets w…