Skip to main content

Gdansk airport

Gdansk Airport


Polish news at Gdansk airport & business men gathered round to count and count and count and I exchange ZL for £ and stuff it all into an envelope my life is down to 15 kilos

plus a laptop . . . . I am off to London . . . then SLC . . . then . . . looks like Turkey . . .

There is a Polish woman in the lounge. She dreams of Mexico, dreams of warmer climates. She breaks her chocolate. This is her sacrament. Don't let me be lonely. She is 40. All of our clocks are ticking, honey.

el chimps . . . oh my fresh springlings . . . . I have taken up a course and what ails me
is not the journey but the settlement . . . . what praise doth enter this abdomen what sloth doth climb into this intestinal tract . . . .

The Polish woman tells me her name is Beata. She zones. I zone. We all zone. I'm ok you're ok we're flapping our way out of this cold Polish night into another cold night. Stone gods sit on the hill overlooking the ships . . . docking . . . undocking . . . .

come play in my garden

I want to cycle

these faces

come flicker

my screens


Can you hear
the love

that
governs

oblivion
in the instant

I am
stone deaf


I want to touch your face

Comments

Amy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
amydeath said…
Love reading this, Marcus! Hope you are enjoying that Claudia Rankine book.
postpran said…
yeah . . . totally love that Rankine book . . . . moving me . . . and influencing me for sure . . . . awesome! Thanks for letting me borrow it Amy.

Popular posts from this blog

poets reading poets

There are on A now: Andrews, Antin, Apollinaire, Ashbery


A project from the Atlanta Poetry Group. Check it:

http://atlantapoetsgroup.blogspot.co.uk/

The Poetry of Tao Lin

Another Ireland by Robert Archambeau

This review really hit it for me. I recently read Maurice Scully's _Livelihood_ and Geofrey Squires _Untitled and Other Poems_ is on deck (I love that baseball term. It is baseball, right?)

I think this is from The Nortre Dame review, but I found it via goofle (I mean google).


Another Ireland: Part Two
Maurice Scully, The Basic Colours. Durham, UK: Pig Press, 1994.
Geoffrey Squires, Landscapes and Silences. Dublin: New Writers' Press, 1996.
Catherine Walsh, Idir Eatortha and Making Tents. London: Invisible Books, 1996.

By Robert Archambeau

I began the first half of this article (Notre Dame Review #4) by mentioning some of the limits to the legendary hospitality Ireland has shown to its poets. If you arrive in Ireland from any point of departure outside of Eastern Europe, you will indeed find a public far more willing than the one you left behind to grant poets the recognition all but the most ascetic secretly crave. However, this hospitality has never extended to Irish poets w…