Skip to main content

from the notebook (Italian section of Primitive Pianos)

25th November 2010
Trieste Doggie Park

a gooey ganglia
lived in creepy inns
no guts for creeds
I threw away
the plastic
that housed my szynka
haven't brushed my teeth
but I'm on my feet
a dumb shine
for the haughty
is that you in front
of me
coming back
for exactly the same?
I have a name
I have been given a name
more than once
tried to change
IT
I'm learning to talk
DIRTY

WALK TO THE SEA
WALK TO THE SEA

these beasts
are good
to think with
though i seem
tame
i speak for my name
in name only

CAUGHT MY SLOPPY
COPYIST

acid reflux
sun
on grass blades
lady in brown boots
and pram
with worn out
curls
a thick matted
dog
sniffs my shoe
there is a tree
born crooked
never got straight
made promises
never meant to keep
good morning
yoga





30th November 2010
Trieste Train Station Park

fake easternness
coming thru the camel
below the humps
scream or at least spit
instead just stood there
in an expensive necktie
and shoes
hands dried out
pigeons pigeons
wrong pen in bad light
bora waters my eyes
to rattle your cage
to lick another
dog's bowl
perhaps you would prefer to make other arrangements
oh I say it rank
stop feeding the messengers
the elements decide
lower level beauty
I awoke on the roadside

Comments

link wheel said…
Great write-up, I'm a big believer in commenting on blogs to help the blog writers know that they?ve added something worthwhile to the world extensive web! (supply roblox-cheats.com). Anyway, in my language, there aren't much good source like this.

Popular posts from this blog

poets reading poets

There are on A now: Andrews, Antin, Apollinaire, Ashbery


A project from the Atlanta Poetry Group. Check it:

http://atlantapoetsgroup.blogspot.co.uk/

The Poetry of Tao Lin

Another Ireland by Robert Archambeau

This review really hit it for me. I recently read Maurice Scully's _Livelihood_ and Geofrey Squires _Untitled and Other Poems_ is on deck (I love that baseball term. It is baseball, right?)

I think this is from The Nortre Dame review, but I found it via goofle (I mean google).


Another Ireland: Part Two
Maurice Scully, The Basic Colours. Durham, UK: Pig Press, 1994.
Geoffrey Squires, Landscapes and Silences. Dublin: New Writers' Press, 1996.
Catherine Walsh, Idir Eatortha and Making Tents. London: Invisible Books, 1996.

By Robert Archambeau

I began the first half of this article (Notre Dame Review #4) by mentioning some of the limits to the legendary hospitality Ireland has shown to its poets. If you arrive in Ireland from any point of departure outside of Eastern Europe, you will indeed find a public far more willing than the one you left behind to grant poets the recognition all but the most ascetic secretly crave. However, this hospitality has never extended to Irish poets w…