Skip to main content

smashing Time (in progress)

site specific . . . environment specific . . . time specific . . . music specific . . . and so on . . .

first take no revisions from notebook . . . 6.30PM-6.45PM . . . Tues 29th March . . .



Balloons

*****

I’ve got a little hill with little green men and green tanks
in the hills of Milton Keynes

a bottle of pop
&
a bumble bee

summer ’83

*****
Peter Tooth is delightfully
sane
(Jubilee Line. Wembley to Kings Cross)

*****

the boy scouts of America
yeeeeeeeee
still smiling into gorge
way to dry lake
to blow off bottle rockets
with little red white blue flags

******
wee boy bat
in back-
seat

santa on dash

2 galloons

of coca cola

hershey’s kiss
twinkling in moonlight

unwrap what you got

i’m itchy in eyelids

*****

the lizards are still
waiting
in Vegas

******
man leans over
notebook
on tube
from Wembley to King’s Cross
as I write what woman
across said

******

ah cretins

goodbye

such clarity come

help you
, the horrors ,

*******

my scum is so so
deep
skanky

lovebottom

I’m taking

my hat off

it’s almost a midsummer

night’s

popcorn

popping

on the apricot tree

adios!

ego!

SPLASH!

******

we’re all together

at Wet N’ Wild

but you do not

remember

stay, o, stay

amid the hideous faces

hidden

behind
balloons balloons balloons

BALLOONS

******

now i’ve found

the poem

it’s called Balloons

uhhhhgh

so quickly

hop into magnetic field

balloons contain

lolly’s

and clowned out voices

I can do it, too

this is where

we want to go

to the b-day party

or the hot dog party

the balloons in Elblag

northern Poland

near station

a room of cheeseburgers

squeeze into

how do you feel

what do you think

balloons

******

you’ve heard the poem
you’ll love the glove

this is the passage of the arkvark

*****

thank you

steamy

*****

I’m squeezing my head thru

a hole

in the wall

you’re the wall

or I’m the wall

yr wall or my wall

it’s your head

head+hole

hole+head

we’re all in

THIS

together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

poets reading poets

There are on A now: Andrews, Antin, Apollinaire, Ashbery


A project from the Atlanta Poetry Group. Check it:

http://atlantapoetsgroup.blogspot.co.uk/

The Poetry of Tao Lin

Another Ireland by Robert Archambeau

This review really hit it for me. I recently read Maurice Scully's _Livelihood_ and Geofrey Squires _Untitled and Other Poems_ is on deck (I love that baseball term. It is baseball, right?)

I think this is from The Nortre Dame review, but I found it via goofle (I mean google).


Another Ireland: Part Two
Maurice Scully, The Basic Colours. Durham, UK: Pig Press, 1994.
Geoffrey Squires, Landscapes and Silences. Dublin: New Writers' Press, 1996.
Catherine Walsh, Idir Eatortha and Making Tents. London: Invisible Books, 1996.

By Robert Archambeau

I began the first half of this article (Notre Dame Review #4) by mentioning some of the limits to the legendary hospitality Ireland has shown to its poets. If you arrive in Ireland from any point of departure outside of Eastern Europe, you will indeed find a public far more willing than the one you left behind to grant poets the recognition all but the most ascetic secretly crave. However, this hospitality has never extended to Irish poets w…