Skip to main content

in progress from Fractured Burps ms

The Robin Hood of the Isle of Dogs

(22 August 2011)

so here comes incunabula
on the itunes with a beat
and you are probably deep down inside a reptile with hairy pits
or else this is just a mind in meditation without tranquility
i’m thinking of fajitas and timed meats and how things
come to the table still steaming
Jonty Tiplady has a bonk and I have a bonk and Tim Atkins has a bonk
and Jeff Hilson is the robin hood of isle of dogs or used to be now he is
an isle of splushies fingering the coleslaw of my aching heart
ok
so we know surrealism and we know how it feels to pare the fingernails
while watching the latest hit documentary on the BBC
while the rain moves into London and then out again
and this is your house so make use of it
and this is not the hot pants of hot mammas in the cheeryblossoms
of zen indie Japan
but it is where i want to go now that i am here
to Osaka’s swollen buildings with a sake for me and sake for you
and nuts in the bowls we call fingerfoods or complimentary
am i complimentary
are you
Ted Berrigan is a man i never knew except thru the words
and that is my very own private Ted Berrigan
and I like him very much
Kenneth Koch ditto
Philip Whalen ditto
Bernadette Mayer ditto
there are the living ones (mentioned above)
and then there is me multiple like all of you
ha!
do i think i have an audience for this
of course
somewhere in this universe or the next
but now I’m not even talking about words
its time to find the rain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

poets reading poets

There are on A now: Andrews, Antin, Apollinaire, Ashbery


A project from the Atlanta Poetry Group. Check it:

http://atlantapoetsgroup.blogspot.co.uk/

The Poetry of Tao Lin

Another Ireland by Robert Archambeau

This review really hit it for me. I recently read Maurice Scully's _Livelihood_ and Geofrey Squires _Untitled and Other Poems_ is on deck (I love that baseball term. It is baseball, right?)

I think this is from The Nortre Dame review, but I found it via goofle (I mean google).


Another Ireland: Part Two
Maurice Scully, The Basic Colours. Durham, UK: Pig Press, 1994.
Geoffrey Squires, Landscapes and Silences. Dublin: New Writers' Press, 1996.
Catherine Walsh, Idir Eatortha and Making Tents. London: Invisible Books, 1996.

By Robert Archambeau

I began the first half of this article (Notre Dame Review #4) by mentioning some of the limits to the legendary hospitality Ireland has shown to its poets. If you arrive in Ireland from any point of departure outside of Eastern Europe, you will indeed find a public far more willing than the one you left behind to grant poets the recognition all but the most ascetic secretly crave. However, this hospitality has never extended to Irish poets w…