- What is this prince? (asked Sleepy Eyes)
- He’s the one I am supposed to marry. (said Lucy)
- Is that what you want?
- I don’t know. (said Lucy looking directly into the eyes of Sleepy Eyes)
- I want you do something for me Lucy.
- I want you to tell me what light means to you.
- So tell me.
- Light is. Cracked.
- There’s a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.
- Hm. That’s very good Lucy. Are you feeling spiritual Lucy?
- Yes. Do you feel holy. In touch with the divine?
- Do you feel at one with everything?
- Sort of.
- Do you feel sick Lucy? Do you feel full? So full of the holy you want to stick you fingers down your throat and puke?
There was a pause while the suggestion registered. Then Lucy walked toward the corner of the room and stuck her fingers down her throat.
- Good Lucy. Very good.
Labels: alt lit, marcus slease, new weird, watermelon island